Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Not enough hours in the day...

So, September is National Sewing Month, right?  Well I think they need to tack on October too!  Things seem way too busy in quilt and blog-land!  Every blog I'm reading is prepping for Quilt Market at the end of October.  Even my boss at the Quilt shop is prepping for Quilt Market, which means I'm indirectly prepping for Quilt Market too!  Bundles...lots and lots of bundles cut, folded, and stacked!  But they are oh, so, pretty!!!! : ) I heart Kona Solids!  Speaking of Kona Solids, have you seen the latest 28 colors?  I stare at them while I'm at work....waiting patiently to have an excuse to use them!  Perhaps I can find a use in a Christmas gift this year? ; )  Check out Robert Kaufman's Pintrest board devoted to Kona Solids.  It's amazing!

I did make one thing this week, a cute little apron for work.  I used some Fat Quarters I picked up in Door County last month from their local quilt shop.  It's from Kate Spain's 'Sunnyside'.  I think the colors work nicely with the small stripe pattern I had on hand.  This is my FIRST apron, but it probably won't be my last.  Gotta have one for when this is in the wash...right?  And perhaps for every season, and a holiday or two? Wishing everyone a happy Hump Day and crossing my fingers that as you're reading this, I'm in my sewing lair, quilting one of my quilts and NOT watching television. : )














Wishing everyone a happy Hump Day and crossing my fingers that as you're reading this, I'm in my sewing lair, quilting one of my quilts and NOT watching television. : )

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.

2 comments: