Wednesday, October 23, 2013

It's a Small World....and Christmas is Right Around the Corner!

Hello!  Happy Hump Day everyone!  I hope your having as much fun as I am lately.  The crunch time is upon us, with Halloween next week, I've got 13 projects to complete before Christmas and half of them need to be done by December 1st.

Who's excited for Quilt Market?!?  Even though I'm not going, it almost feels like it trying to read all the amazing blog posts about Market adventures.  I'm really looking forward to those posts, so anyone reading this that's going to Market--daily updates, please!!! : )  I'm also happy to share that I've finally decided what I'm going to do with my Riley Blake challenge fabric.  It's such an odd assortment of fabric patterns and colors I felt a bit of panic.  Yes, I know that you can add solids to it, or even more patterned fabric, however I'm going for the CHALLENGE.  Work with what I have and see what I come up with.  I decided a little research was in order, so of course I looked at my Pinterest boards of 'Crafts I want to do'.  I found this gem that I saw on the Purl Bee.

Molly's Sketchbook Liberty Hot Pads


I did get an exciting delivery last week that I got to play with last night.  Quilt labels!  : )  I ordered through Ananemone Labels on Etsy and they are great!  I'm very happy with them.




 On a random, it's a small world note, I recently found out that one of my co-workers knows my fourth grade teacher!  How un-real?!?  Then, to make things even more exciting, she brought her to work for lunch today!  It was a blast!  Very surreal, but amazing all the same. Here's us posing for a picture.  Anyone ever have that happen to them?



Finally, my next major project is four pillows with names appliqued on them.  I'm super excited for this project and I'm working with a friend who wants this done.  I'll be going over fabric with her tomorrow and then hopefully getting started on some pillow covers.  These are the pillows I created, they are 12 x 23 inches and stuffed, firmly. The themes are super-heros (3 boys) and fun, girly fabrics(1 girl).  Check back for more updates!  Linking up with Freshly Pieced this week for WIP Wednesday




1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of projects to get done, good luck! It's funny when life seems to run full circle and something or someone from the past reappears. Thanks for the link to the labels, I have been saying I need to order some for forever now.

    ReplyDelete