Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pure Elements!!!

So, I've been eyeing up the collection of Pure Elements by Art Gallery that we carry in our local quilt shop for a while.  I finally found something that drove me to purchase!  I bought a new book called Playful Petals by Corey Yoder, which is all about orange peal quilts and learning to applique with fusible web.  I've been doing more work with applique and fusible web so I thought 'Why haven't I done one yet?'  Answer--Inspiration.  I needed it, and this little book is perfect!  Bright and cheerful patterns used in all of her examples, and the last quilt was the straw that broke the camels back.  Entirely of solids, but such a nice color pallet it sold me.  Here's my quick pic of the pattern.


It's my goal for 2014, to have this quilt done.  A little here, a little there and hopefully I'll get there.  After the post last week at Freshly Pieced about fabric on sale, I did buy some Voile for a Tova top, which is also in the works.  Well, of course once you start buying it get's easier to look for more.  I found a seller on Etsy, Tactile Fabrics, that had some Pure Elements for super cheap.  So of course I bought them.  They arrived today!  One step closer to having no excuse for not starting on it!  Happy WIP Wednesday!

Linking up with Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. that's sure to be a wonderful project! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found Playful Petals! I'd love to see your progress as you work on your quilt!

    ReplyDelete